Friday, May 11, 2007

Assessment 2: Essay progress.

It been about a week since I last added to this blog, so with feelings of guilt, I am now recording my activities of the past week.

Last weekend I officially started working on my essay. This involved reading the materials suggested in the cirriculum / assessment details of the curtin uni webct website.

The materials I read and revised were:

B.A. Nardi & V.L. O’day, Information ecologies: using technologies with heart.

Purdue, Jeff, "Stories, Not Information: Transforming Information Literacy."

Of these two resources, I enjoyed the work of B.A. Nardi & V.L. O’day the most. I found their work in comparing the internet to a biological ecology to be quite an engaging read.

Although I had spent a lot of the weekend reading, I still felt very confused about the essay topic and I really needed some clarification. Fortunately Cynthia came to the party and posted a message on one of the threads in the assignment section, which has pretty much cleared up any confusion I had been feeling.

In this thread, she has pretty much provided an essay plan so I am now feeling like I have a lot more direction.

No comments: