Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Module 3: HTML Tutorial: Finished

Its taken about six hours, but I have finally finished the HTML tutorial.

It's the first time I have written a complete web page using HTML. It was very good to learn, but quite time consuming. In the future I will be sticking to my standard HTML editor. Having said that though, I feel much better knowing some basic HTML. It will give me more confidence in the future knowing I am able to modify code by hand and not mess it up.

As far as designing a complete website you can't go past an editor. It's much easier to design something which is going to look great visually. Unfortunately wtiting HTML doesn't really give you a good idea of how something is looking as you go.

The time factor is another issue to consider when writing straight HTML. I know I could never design a website as quickly by writing HTML as I could using my editor.

Overall a really good tutorial. I have saved it in my web favourites so I can go and refer to it when I need to in the future.

I have just FTP'd my complete volcano web site up on to our space on the curtain server. The only problem is that I can't actually see it from this computer. I have also sucessfully placed the site up onto the student presentations area of web ct.

No comments: